Turn off your Christmas tree lights!
Keep safe – keep happy! This video shows the disaster that could result from forgetting to turn your Christmas tree lights off when you go to bed.
Whilst we don’t want to dampen your enthusiasm for the festive season, here are a few safety tips to help ensure your Christmas is memorable for the right reasons, not the wrong ones!
- Keep trees and decorations away from candles and open fires
- Turn off tree and decoration lights when going to bed or leaving the house
- Test your smoke alarms weekly
- Avoid using the hob if you’re not fully alert – most fires start in the kitchen
- Make sure cigarettes are extinguished properly
- Ensure your visitors know how to leave the property in an emergency
- Check new toys for CE mark and never mix old and new batteries: the old ones can get very hot